...

Logo Design by FlamingText.com

REACHING THE WORLD FOR JESUS

May God bless the Pastors and Bible Teachers all over the world, we thank God that Sermons to the World is now reaching 156 countries and all 50 States and The District of Columbia in the U.S.

Reaching the unseen

Go to the people of all nations and make them my disciples. Baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Matt 28:19

MISSION

Mission: To be a resource to Pastors and Bible teachers in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ around the world. – Sermons to the World

VISION STATEMENT

Vision: To reach the world on the internet to fulfill the command of Jesus in Matthew 28:19-20 – “to go into all the world and teach all nations”.

Bible Verse

"Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, along with everyone in your household." Acts 16:31

Thursday, April 12, 2018

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU GET DISCOURAGED

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU GET DISCOURAGED

“Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me.” (Micah 7:8)

Everyone gets “down” emotionally, physically, and spiritually from time to time. There are times when we do not even understand why we get down. Why am I so sad?  Why am I so troubled?  I will put my hope in God,  and once again I will praise him, my Savior and my God.” (Psalm 42:5).

 The loss of a loved one is more difficult and involves going through a grieving process that takes more time.  In these cases, you may need professional help, prescribed medication, or counseling to come through these trying times.

The type of discouragement I am writing about is unexplained feelings that we go through from time to time. the key is to try to get through it as quickly as possible.  

 We are going to discuss today on not why you are down, but how to rise up again.

Micah was a Prophet of God who was struggling with discouragement, but He has something to tell us in Micah 7:7-9.  It is about having an attitude of overcoming.

Therefore I will look to the Lord;  I will wait for the God of my salvation;  My God will hear me.”  (Micah 7:7)

There are a lot of “I wills” in this portion of scripture.  Micah said: “I will fall”, “I will look”,  “I will wait”,  “I will arise”,  “I will bear”, and “I will behold his righteousness”.

First of all, Micah said “I will fall” (Micah 7:8).  All of the Bible characters got down sometime in their lives.  It will happen to you and me. We need to learn how to get up after we fall down.  If you follow the counsel of Micah, you can arise again and keep going.  

When you and I fall, we should say to ourselves: “I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me” (Micah 7:7).  The sun will rise again and the clouds will pass away.  Keep serving the Lord while you are waiting. “I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings” (Psalms 40:1-2).

When you and I fall, we should say to ourselves: “I will bear”.  If we are down because of sin, then we need to take our punishment because there are always consequences for sin. “My child, despise not the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when you are rebuked by Him; for whom the Lord loves He chastens, and He scourges every one whom He receives" (Hebrews 12:5-6). 

You and I need to be strong Christians and remember, “If you can take it, you will make it”.  Remind yourself that even though Satan may have knocked you down: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13).  Also remember that God is there to help you get up: “No temptation has taken you but what is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted above what you are able, but with the temptation also will make a way to escape, so that you may be able to bear it” (1 Corinthians 10:13).

Prayer is the first step to recovery from discouragement because the Holy Spirit is our comforter and can bring us relief.  Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.”  (Psalms 50:15).   He is the only resource that we can depend on to be there to help us day by day. “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.  My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth” (Psalms 121:1-2).

Speaking to yourself about hope.  “Speak to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord” (Ephesians 5:19).  Consider what you are thinking about.  If you are constantly thinking and saying negative things to yourself and about yourself, you will remain discouraged.  “A person becomes what they think” (Proverbs 23:7).

Fellowship with positive people.  “Do not make friends with angry people”  (Proverbs 22:24).  We often become like the people we spend time with.
“He that walks with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.”  (Proverbs 13:20).  Attend God’s House for worship regularly.  “I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord.” (Psalm 122:1).

Have a loving and forgiving attitude toward others.  No one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes.  Let God handle the injustices of life.   Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.”  (Romans 12:19).

Another way to get over discouragement is to quit focusing on yourself and reach out and help others.  When you relieve the suffering and hurts of others, God will lift that burden you have. Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.”  Luke 6:38



No comments: